The Dazzling Array of Fancy Coloured Diamonds
Diamonds have long been treasured for their exquisite beauty, but within the realm of these precious gem stones lies a mesmerizing spectrum of colours that adds an extra touch of enchantment. Fancy coloured diamonds, with their captivating hues ranging from soft pastels to vibrant shades, have taken the world of jewellery by storm. In this blog post, we will embark on a journey to discover the various types of fancy coloured diamonds, delve into their grading system, and explore how they compare to their colourless counterparts.
The Dazzling Array of Fancy Coloured Diamonds: Fancy coloured diamonds are an extraordinary rarity, accounting for only a minute fraction of all diamonds mined. They derive their distinctive colours from the presence of trace elements or structural irregularities during their formation. Let's explore some of the most popular types of fancy coloured diamonds:
- Yellow and Brown Diamonds: The most common fancy coloured diamonds, their warm hues range from light champagne to deep cognac. Yellow diamonds are often graded on the intensity of their colour, with terms like Fancy Light, Fancy, Fancy Intense, and Fancy Vivid.
- Blue Diamonds: The mesmerizing blue hue of these diamonds is caused by traces of boron. Ranging from pale sky blue to deep oceanic shades, blue diamonds are highly sought after and extremely rare.
- Pink Diamonds: These captivating gemstones evoke romance and femininity with their delicate pink shades. Pink diamonds are graded based on their hue, tone, and saturation, with Fancy Vivid Pink being the most coveted.
- Green Diamonds: Infused with a hint of nature's splendour, green diamonds range from light mint to deep forest green. They owe their colour to natural radiation exposure during their formation.
- Other Colours: Fancy coloured diamonds also come in captivating hues such as red, purple, orange, and even black. Each hue tells a unique story, making every fancy coloured diamond a truly one-of-a-kind treasure.
- Hue: The primary colour of a fancy coloured diamond determines its hue. A diamond's hue can be described as a combination of colours or as a single dominant colour.
- Tone: The tone refers to how light or dark a coloured diamond appears. The GIA grading scale ranges from Very Light to Very Dark, with variations in between.
- Saturation: Saturation defines the strength, intensity, and vividness of the colour. Diamonds with higher saturation levels are more vibrant and desirable
- Rarity: Fancy coloured diamonds are significantly rarer than colourless diamonds. Their scarcity contributes to their exceptional value and allure.
- Pricing: The pricing of fancy coloured diamonds varies greatly depending on factors such as hue, intensity, size, and rarity. In general, intense and vivid colours command higher prices.
- Investment Potential: Both fancy coloured diamonds and colourless diamonds can be excellent investments. However, due to their rarity and growing demand, some fancy coloured diamonds have shown significant price appreciation over time.
- Personal Expression: Fancy coloured diamonds allow individuals to express their unique personalities and preferences. Their vibrant hues offer endless possibilities for creating bespoke and captivating jewellery pieces.
The Ultimate Assurance: Why GIA Certified Diamonds Reign SupremeWhen investing in a diamond, ensuring its authenticity and quality is paramount. In the world of certified diamonds, the Gemmological Institute of America (GIA) certification stands as the gold standard. In this blog post, we explore the significance of GIA certification and why it's crucial to choose GIA certified stones. Discover the assurance and peace of mind that comes with investing in GIA certified diamonds.
Elegance and Timelessness: Exploring Tennis Bracelets - History and Tips for Buying the Perfect OneTennis bracelets have become a beloved classic in the world of fine jewellery, adorning the wrists of many with their exquisite beauty and timeless appeal. In this blog post, we dive into the history of tennis bracelets and share valuable tips on what to consider when purchasing one. Discover the allure of this iconic accessory and find the perfect tennis bracelet that will add a touch of elegance to your jewellery collection.
Unleash Your Imagination: The Beauty of CAD Design Jewellery and Bespoke Engagement Rings at Montpellier JewellersWhen it comes to choosing an engagement ring, a one-of-a-kind design that captures your love story and reflects your personal style is truly priceless. At Montpellier Jewellers, we embrace the art of CAD (Computer-Aided Design) to create exquisite bespoke engagement rings that are as unique as the love they symbolise. In this blog post, we explore the world of CAD design jewellery and how at Montpellier Jewellers we can turn your vision into a stunning reality.
Decoding Brilliance: The 4 C's of Diamonds - Carat, Cut, Clarity, and ColourDiamonds have long held a special place in our hearts, symbolizing love, beauty, and elegance. When shopping for diamonds, understanding the 4 C's – Carat, Cut, Clarity, and Colour – is essential to ensure you make an informed and confident choice. In this blog post, we unravel the mysteries of the 4 C's, providing insights into their significance and how they impact a diamond's overall beauty and value.